Terms and Conditions
This site is the property of J&L Motorcycles LTD. English Damside, Carlisle CA3 8AU. Registered in England No. 05613315. VAT number 780603925.
J&L Motorcycles shall endeavour to ensure that descriptions and specifications which it provides are correct when given, but reserves the right to alter such specifications and descriptions without notice. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order or subsequent service, please contact our team on 01228 596826.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item’s size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method.
COLLECT FROM STORE – FREE
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £199
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £199 will be sent free of charge.
FREE SHIPPING TO OTHER DESTINATIONS.
Orders to UK Highlands and Islands etc. over £250 will be shipped free of charge.
Please note: due to shipping regulations we are not able to ship liquids and aerosols (including cleaners, lubricants, etc.) to anywhere outside mainland United Kingdom. Meaning liquid and aerosols orders for Europe, Northern Ireland or British Islands cannot be accepted.
Estimated UK delivery time is 2-3 working days.
For Northern Ireland, Aberdeenshire, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Man or the Isle of Wight, add an extra 24 hours and for Channel Islands it’s 3-4 days.
On the rare occasion where we incur severe weather conditions our courier, may not be able to get your parcels to you next day. We do apologise for the inconvenience that this may cause, however, the matter is out of our hands. If you have any queries or issues regarding this please get in contact with our Team on 01228 596826. We thank you for your patience in advance.
At J&L Motorcycles we want you to be delighted with the products and the service you receive from us. In the event that you do have a problem with your item(s) or find them to be unsuitable, we will do our very best to make it right for you.
You can return your goods to J&L Motorcycles Store, just make sure you have your proof of purchase.
You can also return your goods via post, simply send the item(s) in the same package you received, to;
Please note: the return postage is your responsibility and is not at the cost of J&L Motorcycles.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR RETURNS
- Unwanted Items. Unused goods which are either unsuitable or have been purchased from jandlmotorcycles.co.uk in error may be returned for an exchange or refund within 30 days of receipt.
- Goods must be returned to us in a new, unused and re-saleable condition (including all packaging, tags, manuals and keys). If the goods are not in this condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund.
- You must ensure to obtain your proof of postage in case your parcel is lost on its return back to us. We would recommend using a recorded delivery service as we will not accept responsibility for goods “lost in transit”.
- If a refund is required we will refund you the price of the goods only. We will not refund any delivery charge you may have paid.
- If an exchange is required we will send the new item(s) out once we have received the returned item(s). Any difference in price between the new and old product will be paid by you or refunded by us before your new product is dispatched.
- For your confidence and safety, we will not accept refunds or exchanges for any returning helmet if the item(s) has been worn on a motorcycle or if the visor sticker has been removed.
- Faulty or Wrongly Supplied Goods. Goods supplied incorrectly or faulty must be notified within 7 days of receipt by phone (01228 596826), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Goods can also be returned to J&Ls Motorcycles Store with proof of purchase
- If the item is found to be faulty or wrongly supplied. Please return your item(s) to us, either at the store or via post. The return postage is your responsibility.
- Fault/problem with an item: If an item you have purchased from J&L Motorcycles develops a fault/problem within 7 days please call 01228 596826 or email email@example.com discuss the best means of rectifying the problem.
- If an item has an obvious fault we will do our best to repair, replace or refund within 7 days of receiving the item.
- If the fault is not obvious we will need to send the item to the supplier or manufacturer for testing. Please note this can sometimes take up to 4 weeks depending on the item and the fault.
- If the item is found to be faulty it will be repaired, replaced or refunded. Please return your item(s) to us, either at the store or via post. The return postage is your responsibility.
- In the event that the fault is found to be due to misuse, damage sustained after purchase or subject to normal wear and tear, we will contact you to find out whether you would like the item returned or repaired if a repair is possible. In this case, the cost of repair and return postage would be at your expense.
Returns and exchanges can only be accepted with proof of purchase.
We cannot accept returns on Helmets and Back Protectors once they have left the premises due to safety implications.
Special Order Items and Sale Items may only be exchanged or refunded if they are found to be faulty or defective with the receipt.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
While we take care to ensure that all prices quoted on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any product(s) you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming the order at the correct price or cancelling it.
If we are unable to contact you, the order will be treated as cancelled and if you have already paid for the product(s) you will receive a full refund. We are under no obligation to sell the product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price (even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation) if the pricing error is an obvious typographical or arithmetical inaccuracy and could have reasonably been recognized by you as such.
The prices displayed on our website include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in our Delivery Costs Guide. We reserve the right to decline orders for bulk or high value purchases and to change price and availability information without notice.
Once You have finished shopping all the items you wish to purchase are added to your basket. Your next step will be to go through the checkout process and make payment.
To do this:
- Click the “Shopping bag” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Checkout” button.
- Fill-in or check your contact details, the details of your order, the delivery address and the invoicing address.
- Fill in your credit card details.
- Click “Authorize payment”
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.
We use PaymentSense to ensure payment is made safely and your Card details will be encrypted to minimize the possibility of unauthorized access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time the order is made. By clicking “BUY NOW” you are confirming that the Card is yours.
The amount authorized by you will not be taken until your order is dispatched for delivery.
If payment is made via PayPal the amount will be charged upon confirmation of your order.
Cards are subject to validation
Please note: V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.